Early Giving Already Generated Nearly $843,000 in Donations
- 9thannual Arizona Gives Day 24-hour online fundraising event begins at 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, April 6.
- 1,043 Arizona nonprofits are registered.
- Early Giving, which began March 16, has already generated more than $630,000 in donations from almost 4,700 donors.
- Last year’s Arizona Gives Day raised a record-breaking $6.1 million
- 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, April 6
- 1,043 Arizona nonprofit organizations have registered from across the state.
- Arizona Gives Day is managed by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits in collaboration with Arizona Grantmakers Forum. FirstBank, one of the nation’s largest privately held banks with a focus on “banking for good,” is the presenting sponsor. Arizona Gives Day’s annual online giving movement unites nonprofits to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Arizona through online giving.
- Arizona Gives Day is not possible without the support of sponsors FirstBank, Arizona Community Foundation, BHHS Legacy Foundation, Freeport McMoRan Foundation, Hickey Family Foundation, Intel Corporation, Vitalyst Health Foundation, Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, Salt River Project (SRP), Southwest Gas Corporation, Tucson Electric Power/UniSource Energy Services and Sechler Morgan CPA. In-kind promotional partners are Frontdoors Media and InBusiness Magazine.
- “Last year’s Arizona Gives Day was a remarkable success in an incredibly uncertain environment. This year’s event is even more critical for nonprofit organizations of every size in every community facing severe financial challenges in their ability to continue providing services and resources to their communities,” said Alliance of Arizona Nonprofit CEO Kristen Merrifield.
- Visit www.AzGives.org to find a nonprofit and to donate
- Donate to your favorite nonprofit on April 6 or during a specific block of time on April 6 to help a nonprofit win a Power Hour and earn additional funds from the $160,000 prize pool.
- Create a fundraiser page to benefit your favorite nonprofit organization. www.azgives.org/fundraisers
- Purchase Giving eCards. The person receiving the card gets to choose which nonprofit to donate to on AZGives.org. Cards are available for purchase year-round. www.azgives.org/ecards
- AZGives.org offers an advanced search filter to find nonprofits by specific criteria, area of focus, and which donations may qualify as an Arizona tax credit. Donors can either check out as a guest or create an account to set up recurring donations and make changes to their giving throughout the year.