Join Valley Beit Midrash and Arizona Jews for Justice for a social justice retreat that will recharge your spiritual batteries and awaken your sense for reflection & renewal! Over the course of this three-day retreat, participants will take in a reflective Shabbat dinner, participate in workshops, and enjoy a festive barbecue to celebrate the efforts of all the work we have done so far over the last several months.
Day one –
Shabbat dinner at a private residence (Address provided upon registration)
Day two –
– How to Raise Your Social Justice Consciousness!
– Social justice organization skills class
Break-out group sessions on:
-Story of self
-How to build community partnerships!
Day three –
Panels on the topics of:
– Women’s rights
– How to improve local public education
– LGBTQ+ allyship
– Speaking out against hateful rhetoric
– Immigration, Refugee, and Asylum Seeker support!
The retreat will end with a festive BBQ!
$50 registration fee includes all food and access to all panels and workshops
(scholarships will be available).